We are Association Roditeli!
Association Roditeli (Parents Association) is established in 2001 as a non-government, non-profit organization of public benefit under the Bulgarian law for organizations with non-profit purposes.
- Member of EPA – European Parents Association;
- Member of the National Council for Child Protection;
- Member of the Public Council for Safer Internet in Bulgaria;
- Member of the Advisory Board of Education of Sofia Municipality;
- Member of the Advisory Board “Children of Sofia”;
- Member of the Advisory Board of Ministry of Education.
Our mission is:
To encourage parents to be the best parents they can be and to support children to become the best adults they can become.
Our main goal is:
Promotion and validation of parenthood as a major human value in society and family as the natural environment for raising children.
We achieve our goals though:
Development, implementation and dissemination of regional and national policies for:
- Promoting family values among children.
- Building positive attitude towards volunteering and charity.
- Raising ecological awareness and respect for the natural environment among children.
- Promoting grassroots sports and art activities for children.
- Supporting the development of effective child healthcare and promoting the child’s rights as a patient and the prevention of childhood diseases.
- Prevention of all forms of violence against children.
- Fighting pornography, gambling and delinquency among children.
- Supporting gifted children.
Protecting the child rights, stipulated in the Convention on the Rights of the Child:
- Promoting of social and legal principles, concerning child protection and welfare.
- Validation of social values among parents and encouraging continuity in values between parents and children.
- Providing general and specialized assistance to parents in the process of raising their children.
- Supporting parents in crisis for reintegration into society, restoring parental rights and formation of a correct attitude on the issue of raising and educating children;
- Supporting single parents.
- Supporting families with three or more children.
- Implementation of parental control over public education and social control over institutions for children.
- Promoting the right of the parents of informed decision – choices in the best interest of the child.
Men Care in Bulgaria (www.mencare.bg) – A project encouraging and promoting active and positive fatherhood in all areas of child development in the family and at kindergarten and at school.
National Centre for Internet Safety (www.safenet.bg) – A project since 2007 aimed at promoting safer internet among families, educators, children and teenagers through educational materials, popular articles, open lessons at class, technical and emotional support at the Bulgarian Helpline for Online Safety, lobbying for legal regulation of crimes against children in the virtual world.
Bulgarian Helpline for Online Safety - A service for emotional and technical support for children, teenagers, parents and educators in cases of online risks and difficulties. We deal with cases like identity theft, online reputation abuse, threats of violence, fraud, child pornography, online sexual exploitation.
Famillathlon (www.famillathlon.bg) - An initiative promoting grassroots sports, art and ecologically-oriented activities among families with children. Famillathlon is a celebration of family, sports and healthy lifestyle! The initiative started in Sofia in 2009 as a one-day open-air event for families who want to spend time together and try new and exciting activities. Since then Famillathlon has spread across Bulgaria and now it is part of the cultural programme of 5 municipalities.
Prevention of Virtual and Real Violence – An educational methodology consisting of a training course and two handbooks for facilitators on important topics for teenagers from 5th to 12th grade. The methodology has proven its effectiveness with time for it has been in use since 2009.
Guidebooks for parents - Helpful brochures in plain language with guidelines for parents of children in the kindergarten, first and fifth grade. The information and advice are gathered through personal and professional experience as both parents and trainers of educators.
Shared School – A project for building sustainable school community encompassing all stakeholders – parents, children and teachers, in a multicultural school environment.
You can ask questions and demand further information for all of our projects at the contact channels given below this section.
Don’t hesitate to write or call us Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 17.00 at:
- Facebook: Association Roditeli
- Phone: 00359 2/944-17-99
- Address: Bulgaria, Sofia, Yavorov Dstr. bl. 73, 2 fl., 4 app.